Large gold quizzing glass with its original case. The lens surround is undecorated and mounted on a rigid handle with chased and engraved designs. The case is stamped leather with the gilt impressed trade mark of T. Harris & Son, Opticians, 52 Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London. This firm, using this particular trade mark, was in business from 1802 until the 1840s. Circular magnifying lens. 4″ long. c 1830.