There are several unfamiliar terms and phrases in your books. Dictionaries don’t always help. How can I find out what they mean?

Check my Illustrated Regency Glossary. It lists several words and phrases that are specific to the late 18th and early 19th century. Many are slang expressions that you won’t find in a dictionary — unless you happen to have a copy of the 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, one of my favorite reference books!

share on:

This FAQ is featured in: About the Books

« All FAQ